Well another month has come and gone (August flew by, so crazy), and we are even closer to the end of the year. I made some progress on goals, and was stagnant on others. So it was a typical month. Here’s my progress:
1. Run a Half Marathon – August was another good month for this goal. I had a week that I didn’t run, but I ran pretty consistently and am building up my endurance. Half Marathon is just a couple months away, so I’m diving in even more for September.
2. Innovation as a professional every month – August was pretty good for this goal. I conducted my first webinar (Poverty and Human Trafficking) and completed my first online lectures through a recording. Kinda cool.
3. Read 24 books: Ugh this month was not good for reading. I don’t know if it was because I was engrossed in lecture prep, or was just lazy (probably a combination of both) but I didn’t get any books completed. Picking back up for September.
4. Get Biscuit certified as a therapy dog Biscuit finished 7 of his 8 training classes by the end of August. The next step is to really get his commands down. We’ve investigated another class, but it’s not available until the end of this year, so we may do a different class or try to have him take his test before his second class.
5. Encourage two people a month with a handwritten note Notes were written, again, more thank you type than anything else. I need to sit down one day and write a bunch of notes. I have ideas and I have the note cards, it’s just a matter of actually doing it.
6. Write 60 blog posts Three posts on this blog, and two for the Church4Chicks blog. I’m excited to be a regular contributor for Church 4 Chicks, I think it’ll be fun and will get my writing out to a new audience. The total for the year is 41, so I’m still on track, which is great.
7. Get to know people who different from me I didn’t contact the ministry I had in mind during August, I’m waiting for a few things to come through before I do that. I’ve been trying to be a good neighbor though and am trying to reach out to women in my community.
8. Enter into a mentoring relationship This goal has been accomplished for the most part but I have a couple other women I want to reach out to before the end of this year to continue to learn from older women.
9. Pay the car off – Same as last month: this is probably not going to happen because of some financial issues, but ya never know so I’m keeping it on here.
10. Increase my political activity- first name basis with elected officials – This goal has been accomplished, but I’ll pick back up at the end of the year to continue to cultivate those relationships for next session.
11. Publish a professional article (or at least write one)– Hmmm, no comment? This goal has hit a lull, again, but I really do want to pick it back up. Or maybe I’ll just start writing a book.
12. Memorize the book of Philippians – I’ve been studying Philippians in August, but I didn’t memorize as much as I should have. I have most of Chapters 1 and 2 memorized, so I’m making some progress.
13. Love my husband in a new way every month – Ugh where did August go? I loved my husband in August, but I didn’t do a distinctly new thing. Any suggestions for me for some future ideas?
So there you have it, another month. I don’t feel like I did as good of a job this month, but I made some progress. The word I’m thinking about this month is reinforcement. I need to invoke some positive and negative reinforcement for some of these goals that take more discipline. I’m going to try that for September. I’d also love some tips on unique ways to show my husband I love him, and memorization tips. What do you do to memorize scripture or other passages? I’d love to come up with some other ways I can do it.